Would you like to save money by finding cheaper auto insurance rates in Cerritos, CA? Locating better insurance prices for your car in California can be an all-consuming task, but you can learn our auto insurance buying tips to make it easier.
There are both good and bad ways to shop for auto insurance so you're going to learn the proper way to get price quotes for your and find the lowest price either online or from Cerritos insurance agents.
Remarkably, a study showed that most auto insurance policyholders kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for over three years, and almost 40% of drivers have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. California insurance shoppers could pocket 35% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but most just don't grasp how much savings they would realize if they bought a different policy.
It's smart to get comparison quotes on a regular basis because auto insurance prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Even if you got the best deal on auto insurance last year there is a good chance you can find better rate quotes now. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because it's time to teach you the best way to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
The companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in California. In order to find cheaper car insurance in California, it's highly recommended you compare several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Regular Cab 2WD||$1,816||$908||$151|
|Dodge Grand Caravan CV||$1,406||$703||$117|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab TRX 4WD||$1,332||$666||$111|
|Ford Escape Limited 4WD||$1,452||$726||$121|
|Ford Explorer XLT 4WD||$1,274||$637||$106|
|Ford F-150 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$1,420||$710||$118|
|Ford Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$1,896||$948||$158|
|Honda Accord EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$942||$471||$79|
|Honda CR-V LX 2WD||$1,178||$589||$98|
|Honda Civic LX-S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,256||$628||$105|
|Honda Odyssey EX-L W/Rear Entertainment||$1,606||$803||$134|
|Kia Optima LX||$1,652||$826||$138|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 4-Dr Sedan||$1,488||$744||$124|
|Toyota Camry SE||$1,672||$836||$139|
|Toyota Corolla LE||$1,424||$712||$119|
|Volkswagen Jetta 2.0T 4-Dr Sedan||$1,830||$915||$153|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, and safe-driver. Rate quotes do not factor in specific zip code location which can influence insurance rates noticeably.
Drive safe and save
The chart below shows how speeding tickets and fender-benders raise Honda Pilot insurance premiums for each age group. The information is based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Honda Pilot rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Affordable rates on car insurance with these car insurance discounts
Companies don't necessarily list every possible discount very well, so the following list contains both well-publicized in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Cerritos car insurance online.
- ABS Braking Discount - Vehicles that have anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Buying car insurance coverage on a new vehicle is cheaper since new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Service Members Pay Less - Having an actively deployed family member could trigger a small discount.
- Passive Restraints - Vehicles with factory air bags could see savings as much as 30%.
- Clubs and Organizations - Being in a civic or occupational organization in Cerritos is a good way to get lower rates when getting a Cerritos car insurance quote.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to fasten their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Bundle and Save - If you insure your home and vehicles with one company you will save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- College Student - College-age children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Cerritos without a vehicle on campus may qualify for this discount.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to complete a driver education course in school.
- Online Discount - A handful of insurance companies will give a small break for completing your application over the internet.
Just know that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Despite the appearance that all the discounts add up to a free policy, that's just not realistic. Any qualifying discounts will reduce your premiums.
The best car insurance companies and a selection of discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm includes discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, good driver, anti-theft, student away at school, good student, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Progressive has discounts for continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, good student, multi-policy, and homeowner.
- Progressive offers discounts for continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-policy, good student, online signing, online quote discount, and multi-vehicle.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for claim-free, multi-policy, good student, good driver, accident-free, and defensive driver.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts including safe driver, renewal discount, good student, youthful driver, multi-policy, and 55 and retired.
- GEICO discounts include multi-vehicle, daytime running lights, good student, anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, driver training, and membership and employees.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for bundle discounts, safe driver, teen safety rewards, drive less, and homeowner.
Before buying, ask every insurance company to apply every possible discount. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be offered in Cerritos. To see companies with the best car insurance discounts in Cerritos, click here to view.
Seven things that determine your prices
Many different elements are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, but others are less apparent like where you live or your vehicle rating.
Impacts performance impacts auto insurance costs - The type of car you need insurance for makes a substantial difference in how high your rates are. The cheapest rates will generally be found on lower cost passenger cars, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
Youthful drivers cost more - Young drivers in California are known to be less responsible in a vehicle so they pay higher car insurance rates. Adding a teenage driver onto your car insurance can be quite pricey. More experienced drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, tend to cause fewer accidents, and are safer drivers.
Pay more if you have a long commute - Residing in smaller towns and rural areas of the country has definite advantages when buying car insurance. Fewer drivers on the road means a lower chance of having an accident and a lower car theft rate. City drivers have more road rage incidents and a longer drive to work. Spending more time driving statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
Do you really need the incidental coverages? - Insurance policies have a lot of extra coverages that may not really be needed if you aren't careful. Things like roadside assistance, towing, and motor club memberships are examples of these. The coverages may be enticing initially, but if you don't need them get rid of them and save.
Raise comp and collision deductibles and save - Insurance for physical damage to your car, also called 'full coverage', is used to repair damage to your car. Examples of covered claims would be a broken side mirror, vandalism, and windstorm damage. Deductibles for physical damage are how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket if the claim is covered. The higher the amount you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive.
Long commutes cost more - The higher the mileage driven in a year's time the more you'll pay to insure it. A lot of companies apply a rate partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars not used for work or commuting qualify for better rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Verify your car insurance declarations sheet is showing the correct usage.
Having a spouse can lower costs - Getting married helps lower the price on your policy. Marriage is viewed as being less irresponsible and statistics show married couples file fewer claims.
Shop online but buy locally
Some people just want to buy from a licensed agent and that is just fine! Good agents can answer important questions and help file insurance claims. A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can find lower rates but also keep your business local. Putting coverage with neighborhood insurance agencies is important particularly in Cerritos.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to agents in your area that can provide free Cerritos car insurance quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent on your own since rate quotes are delivered to you. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote for a specific company, you can always go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing a company should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Cerritos?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
Don't believe everything you hear
Consumers can't escape the ads that claim the lowest car insurance rates from the likes of State Farm and Allstate. They all advertise claims that drivers will save a bundle if you switch to their company.
How do they all give you a better price on auto insurance? It's all in the words they use.
All companies have a preferred profile for the type of customer that makes them money. For instance, a desirable insured might be described as a married female, insures multiple vehicles, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. A customer getting a price quote that meets those criteria will get low prices and will probably save a lot of money.
Consumers who do not meet the "perfect" profile will be quoted higher rates and ends up with the customer buying from someone else. The ads say "customers that switch" not "all people who quote" save that kind of money. That's why companies can truthfully make claims that they all have the best premium rates.
This illustrates why you really need to get a wide range of price quotes. It is impossible to guess which insurance companies will have the lowest car insurance rates for your situation.
Cheaper car insurance premiums are possible
Drivers leave their current company for many reasons like policy cancellation, being labeled a high risk driver, high prices and denial of a claim. Whatever your reason, finding a new car insurance company can be easier than you think.
We've covered quite a bit of information on how to reduce car insurance rates online in Cerritos. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the biggest savings come from the least-expected company.
As you restructure your insurance plan, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your strategy should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest cost, but do not skimp to save money.
More information is available on the following sites:
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are California Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Altima? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap California Auto Insurance for a Ford Fusion? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Dodge Journey in California? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap California Auto Insurance for a Ford Escape? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for 19 Year Olds in California? (FAQ)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)