Are you sick and tired of being strong-armed to insure your vehicles every month? You are no different than many other California consumers.
It's astonishing, but nearly 70% of customers have purchased from the same company for over three years, and just under half have never quoted rates to find affordable coverage. California drivers could cut their rates by 35% a year just by comparing rates, but they underestimate the actual amount they would save if they switched to a more affordable policy.
Vehicle owners have so many car insurance companies to buy insurance from, and though it is a good thing to be able to choose, it can be more challenging to adequately compare rates.
It's a good habit to quote other rates at least once a year since prices are constantly changing. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rate on insurance at your last renewal you may be paying too much now. There are a lot of ways to save on insurance online but in this article, you're going to get some solid techniques on how to lower your insurance premiums.
This information will familiarize you with the most effective way to quote insurance and some tricks to saving. If you have coverage now, you stand a good chance to be able to save money using this strategy. Nevertheless, California drivers do need to know the way companies set your policy premium because rates are impacted by many factors.
The best way to compare insurance rates in your area is to know almost all companies pay for the opportunity to compare rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is give the companies some data including whether the vehicles are used for commuting, if a SR-22 is required, the make and model of your vehicles, and level of coverage desired. Your details is automatically sent to insurance companies and they return rate quotes almost instantly.
To compare rates for your car now, click here and complete the quick form.
The companies shown below provide comparison quotes in Barstow, CA. In order to find cheap car insurance in California, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Impala LS||$1,298||$649||$108|
|Chevrolet Malibu LTZ||$1,450||$725||$121|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$1,102||$551||$92|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$1,522||$761||$127|
|Ford Escape XLS 4WD||$1,428||$714||$119|
|Ford F-150 FX4 4WD||$1,416||$708||$118|
|Ford Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,648||$824||$137|
|GMC Sierra SLE Regular Cab 2WD||$1,458||$729||$122|
|Honda Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$1,094||$547||$91|
|Honda CR-V LX 4WD||$1,428||$714||$119|
|Honda Civic LX-S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,256||$628||$105|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD||$1,698||$849||$142|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,280||$640||$107|
|Toyota Camry XLE||$1,388||$694||$116|
|Toyota Corolla XRS||$1,264||$632||$105|
|Volkswagen Jetta SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$1,450||$725||$121|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Table data does not factor in specific zip code location which can change prices significantly.
Drive responsibly or pay higher rates
The diagram below illustrates how violations and accident claims can influence Ford Focus car insurance costs for different age categories. The premium estimates are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Ford Focus rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Do you qualify for discounts on insurance?
Some insurance providers don't always list every available discount in a way that's easy to find, so the next list breaks down a few of the more common as well as the least known discounts that may be available. If they aren't giving you every credit possible, you could be getting lower rates.
- Claim Free - Drivers who don't have accidents can earn big discounts as opposed to drivers who are more careless.
- Student in College - Older children who are enrolled in higher education away from home without a vehicle on campus may qualify for this discount.
- Club Memberships - Joining qualifying clubs or civic groups could trigger savings when shopping for insurance.
- Renewal Discounts - Some larger companies reward drivers for switching to them early. It could save around 10% when you buy Barstow auto insurance online.
- Telematics Data Discounts - Barstow drivers who agree to allow driving data submission to spy on vehicle usage by using a telematics device in their vehicle like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive's Snapshot could see a rate decrease if they are good drivers.
- Seat Belts Save - Buckling up and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Purchasing coverage when you have all your vehicles on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Driver's Education for Students - Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll and complete driver's education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
It's important to note that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, nobody gets a free ride.
To find insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Barstow, click here to view.
Get cheap rates by understanding these factors
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning a few of the rating criteria that play a part in calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you understand what influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that can earn you much lower annual insurance costs.
- Accidents can increase rates - How you drive impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Getting just one citation can increase rates forty percent or more. Careful drivers get better rates as compared to careless drivers. Drivers with serious violations like reckless driving or DUI may face state-mandated requirements to submit a SR-22 form with the DMV in their state in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
- Don't cut corners with liability protection - The liability section of your policy will afford coverage if you are ruled to be at fault for an accident. It will provide for a legal defense to defend your case. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Always keep your auto insurance in force - Allowing your auto insurance policy to lapse is a fast way to increase your rates. And not only will insurance be more expensive, the inability to provide proof of insurance might get you a revoked license or a big fine.
- Insurance costs and vehicle performance - The type of car or truck you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a substantial difference in your rates. Small economy passenger cars generally receive the lowest base rates, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
- Females tend to be lower risk - Over time, data shows that females take fewer risks when driving. This data doesn't prove that females are better drivers. Both sexes tend to get into auto accidents in similar percentages, but the males have costlier accidents. Men also tend to get higher numbers of serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving. Males from age 16 to 21 generally have the highest accident percentage so they pay the highest premiums.
- Urban areas may pay more - Living in less populated areas of the country is a good thing if you are looking for the lowest rates. People in densely populated areas have to deal with much more traffic and a longer drive to work. Less people living in that area means less chance of accidents.
- Insurance companies don't like frequent insurance claims - If you are a frequent claim filer, you should expect higher rates. Car insurance companies in California give better rates to insureds who do not file claims often. Auto insurance is intended for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- Premiums drop with age - Inexperience drivers are known to be inattentive behind the wheel and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher. More experienced drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, file fewer claims, and get fewer tickets.
Can't I compare prices from local Barstow insurance agencies?
Certain consumers prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is not a bad decision The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get lower premium rates but also keep your business local. Buying from and supporting small agencies is important especially in Barstow.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, the coverage information is sent to local insurance agents in Barstow who will give you bids and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to find an agent since price quotes are sent to you directly. You can find lower rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you wish to compare prices from a specific company, just find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Barstow car insurance agents come in two flavors
If you want a reliable insurance agency, you should know the different types of agents and how they are slightly different. Agents are classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents can quote rates with many companies so they can quote policies with a variety of different insurance companies and find you the best rates. If premiums increase, your agent can switch companies and the insured can keep the same agent. When comparing rate quotes, you absolutely need to get several quotes from several independent agencies in order to compare the most rates.
Exclusive agencies can only place business with one company such as Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. They generally cannot place coverage with different providers so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive insurance agents are well schooled on the products they sell which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Picking the best auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- How long has their agency been in business in Barstow?
If you feel you receive good answers to these questions as well as an affordable premium quote, you may have found an insurance agency that meets the requirements to insure your vehicles.
How much can you save?
Discount insurance in Barstow can be purchased both online and also from your neighborhood Barstow agents, so you need to shop Barstow auto insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies don't offer online quoting and these regional insurance providers work with independent insurance agencies.
When you buy Barstow auto insurance online, never buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced collision coverage only to regret that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your objective should be to find the BEST coverage at the best price.
More tips and info about insurance can be found in these articles:
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 4x4 Vehicles in California? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Garden Grove, California? (FAQ)
- How Much are California Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Altima? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Hyundai Elantra in California? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Santa Clarita, California? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance After a Speeding Ticket in California? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap California Auto Insurance for a Ford Escape? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry in California? (FAQ)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)