Find the Lowest Rates on San Diego Car Insurance
The best car insurance rates in San Diego, CA may be through an online insurance company like GEICO or Progressive, or it may be through a traditional carrier like a local San Diego State Farm or Allstate agent. Insurance companies base their rates on many different factors, some of which are not under your control.
The internet makes it very easy to buy auto insurance online, and by comparing quotes from different California insurers you can make sure you're not paying too much.
Cheaper San Diego Rates are Available
Comparing California car insurance prices online can take less that five minutes simply by clicking the big green Start button at the top of our site. If you own a home in San Diego, a good way to save money on your car insurance is to combine your auto and home policies with the same company.
Your 'dec' page or declarations page of your auto insurance policy outlines your current coverages and shows you the coverages you need to compare San Diego insurance rates. Did your renewal premium decrease? That's great but it doesn't guarantee that you're actually getting the best San Diego car insurance rate.
Compare San Diego Auto Insurance Rates
If you're comparing equivalent auto insurance quotes, you should get a good idea of which insurance company offers the lowest price. California car insurance rates change regularly, and the San Diego rates you paid last year might look quite cheap compared to this year.
Keep in mind when getting a San Diego car insurance quote that the California state minimum liability limits are 15,000/30,000/5,000. You will want to buy more liability insurance than that however.
Free Online Auto Insurance Quotes
Online car insurance rates for San Diego can be significantly different than what you may get from an agent, so it's important to get quotes from both to make a fair comparison.
A San Diego car insurance rate comparison can easily be done simply by clicking the 'Start' button at the top of our site. There is a very good chance that you are currently paying too much for car insurance.
Lower your San Diego Car Insurance with These Tips
- If your vehicle is garaged in a different location that your home address, you may pay a lower rate for a different rating zone
- Find the best rates on San Diego car insurance by comparing rates at least once a year, both with agents and online insurance companies
- Make sure your policy has the correct mileage and usage rating on your vehicles
- Consider dropping physical damage coverage on older vehicles
- Only buy roadside assistance or towing coverage on vehicles you may need it on
- Click here to get multiple comparison quotes from San Diego insurance agents.
Your auto insurance premiums can change quite a bit based upon several criteria. A few of these criteria are:
- A clean driving record keeps rates low
- Credit rating
- The size of your community
- The number of annual miles
- Your gender can raise or lower rates
- Higher deductibles save money
- Your vehicle's safety rating
- No claims lowers premiums
- No coverage lapses saves money
- Home ownership saves money
California ranks 20 out of 50 states in what drivers pay for car insurance. Comprehensive averages about $112 and collision coverage is around $372. Getting a good deal on San Diego car insurance is not difficult.
Each insurance company has their own set of rating criteria, so the rates from one insurer may be significantly different from another. Many consumers still prefer to use an insurance agent rather than buying insurance on the web.
Stop giving your hard earned money to your insurance company by lowering your rates today. Click to compare rates!